Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2015

Doggy Cake

Doggy Cake


Yesterday we had a very special birthday in our house. Miss Bianca (Anca for short) turned 1! So for her first birthday I wanted to make it special, and make her a cake. So I started searching the google search to find a doggy cake recipe. I found this blog with a list of doggy cakes HERE, but I couldn't find one that I had all the ingredients for or one I liked so I came up with my own. So without more rambling on here is how I made this cake !

Ingredients

2 eggs
1 apple
2 bananas
1/4 heaping cup of peanut butter
1 teaspoon baking powder

makes 1 9in round cake 
check to make sure your peanut butter does not contain Xylitol if it does you will need to buy a brand that does not contain this as it is poison to dogs 

Prep

Heat oven to 350 deg. 
grease 9in round cake pan

Directions

  1. peal and core apple
  2. mince apple
  3. thinly slice 1/2 of a banana
  4. mix eggs, minced apple, sliced banana, peanut butter, and backing powder, until all combined (a potato masher works great)
  5. put cake mix in greased pan and place in preheated oven for 20-25 min or until slightly golden brown
  6. let cool
  7. lightly frost with peanut butter 
  8. slice the other 1 1/2 banana and place on top and your done !

Hope you and your pup enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment